How to PRE-QUALIFY a Charity
What kinds of charitable organizations can I PRE-QUALIFY?
Our focus is on charities whose mission and service population are solely within the city to maximize the impact of our funding in Chicago communities. To be considered for an award, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- It must be a non-profit recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization.
- It must be located within the city limits of Chicago, and more than 75% of the funds must be allocated to providing services in the city.
- It must be willing to send a representative to our next meeting to share how the money was or will be spent. The charity also must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members' contact information, and agree not to solicit our members directly for further contributions.
How do I know if my charity satisfies the criteria to be PRE-QUALIFIED?
- We maintain and are constantly updating a list of local charities that satisfy our criteria. If you would like to pre-qualify a charity, please first check the List of Pre-Qualified Local Charities on our website. If your charity has been pre-qualified, all you have to do is submit your name and the name of the charity one would like to nominate on a slip of paper when you attend a meeting.
- If your charity is has NOT been pre-qualified, please fill out the Charity Pre-Qualification Form and submit it to us electronically at least ONE WEEK before our next meeting. Once we confirm that it satisfies the criteria listed above, we will put it on our list and you are free to nominate it.
- One of our organizers will determine if your charity meets our eligibility criteria. Someone will contact you within a few days if there is a problem with the charity's eligibility. If it meets our criteria it will go on the Pre-Qualified charity list, and you (or any member) are free to nominate it at any meeting. Be sure to check the list of Pre-Qualified Charities on this website before coming to the meeting to nominate.